The new Hyster® empty container handlers are designed to perform and last, even while handling heavy or offset double container loads.
Ranging from 8 tonnes up to 11 tonnes capacity, there are nine models available in the H8XD-EC6 – H11XD-ECD9 series. This includes four single container handlers for up to 8 high and five double container handlers for up to 9 high.
High operation speeds – boost productivity
- Achieve power and speed in every lift thanks to the reliable and fine-tuned Cummins QSB 6.7L engine (Stage IV or Stage IIIA)
- Operators have superb control when approaching loads with the smooth shifting and inching of the 5-speed forward / 3-speed reverse hydrodynamic transmission by ZF
- Balance productivity and fuel economy levels – using the selectable ECO modes (eLo and Hi-P) – available on Stage IV Hyster® empty container handlers. Choose the right mode for maximum productivity or for excellent fuel economy
The right spreader for your operation
- Choosing the right spreader is key to cost effective container handling. If you don’t double pick yet, you could even discover a new, more efficient container handling approach utilising the right Hyster® spreader for your operation
- A comprehensive selection of single and double handling spreaders are available to suit specific needs featuring vertical twistlocks, hook & side clamps and horizontal twistlocks
- A variety of different container sensing systems are available
For the operator
- Operators can find their best position with the adjustable seat and steering column
- Truck parameters can be easily checked and adjusted via the digital display
- The operator cabin, open mast design, and smart placement of components provide 360-degree visibility
- The innovative spreader design enables the operator to see the twistlocks or hooks in every load position and includes ‘reefer correction’ sideshift to easily reposition offset loads
- CANbus control and digital operator display with twist lock indication, make it easy and efficient for the operator to lock the load.
Fuel savings & low noise levels
- Well-tuned and fuel efficient powertrain lowers fuel consumption
- Smart features such as on-demand hydraulics, on-demand cooling and selectable performance modes also contribute to fuel savings, extended component life and reduced noise levels.
- Whether you choose a standard or wide drive axle configuration, combined with the robust Hyster® steer axle you’ll get excellent stability in all empty container stacking applications.
Durability as standard
- Hyster® container handlers are designed and built to perform and last in the toughest container yards, offering effortless handling, every day
- The robust and heavy-duty core of the machine is capable of lifting two 40ft reefers at once, even with both cooling units on the same side
- The high strength mast accommodates heavier weights and can handle net loads of up to 11 tonnes
- For optimal performance and durability, the variable lap mast features a heavy duty 2 over 1 chain system, this new design enhances structural strength and significantly improves chain life, contributing to lower costs and reducing downtime.
Easy service for more uptime
- Not only will you move more in less time, with Hyster® empty container handlers you’ll also notice longer service life of components, and less downtime due to unplanned repair needs
- Reliable, quality components
- Daily checks and servicing are completed with ease
- Minimum 500hr+ service interval (extended 10.000 hr service interval for the hydraulic oil using regular oil sampling)
- Tilting cab for easy access to components
Tailor the truck for your specific requirements with additional options:
- Smart camera systems can display key areas
- Optional double-line automatic greasing system means even less service required
- Auto extend-retract feature further assists operators by adjusting the spreader to a 20ft or 40ft container size at the touch of a button
- Forktrack telematics helps manage your empty container handler more effectively to maximize uptime and productivity, eliminate bottlenecks and minimize cost
- A choice of standard or raised height cab makes picking and loading more containers per hour a breeze
- With high-stacking masts, you can optimise the vantage point with optional automatic cab tip-up cab to provide greater operator comfort when stacking containers above 4 high