Benefits of Forklift Rotator Attachments
This week’s blog provides a brief overview of forklift rotator attachments and their benefits to forklift operations.
What is a rotator attachment?
Forklift rotator attachments (rotators) are specially designed attachments that are fitted to a standard forklift mast in place of a standard carriage with tynes.
Rotators are hydraulically controlled and can rotate loads up to 360 degrees, they may also have side-shift installed as well.
Common rotator applications
The use of forklift rotator attachments is common practice in a number of industries, they assist in improving safety and efficiency in a number of industries where positioning of loads or load dumping is carried out on a regular basis.
Some of these industries include:
- Food and beverages
- Waste management
Some common examples of rotators assisting in the above industries include:
- A rotator attachment with bin retainer assisting in the transfer (dumping) of rubbish from smaller bins to industrial bins or designated rubbish storage areas
- A rotator attachment used in the transfer of ingredients or finished products in the food and beverage industry during the production or storage process
- A rotator attachment utilised in the fruit growing industry to transfer wooden or plastic vats full of freshly picked fruit to cleaning equipment as part of processing
Benefits of Forklift Rotators
Installing and using rotators on a forklift provide efficiency, productivity and safety benefits to operations.
- Improved productivity rotators can improve productivity as they allow the completion of transfer or dumping operations faster than manual handling by employees
- Improved efficiency rotators can improve operational efficiency much in the same way as they increase the speed of operations, the increased lifting capacities of the attachments when compared to manual lifting by employees transfer and dumping operations can be completed in less moves saving time
- Increased safety the greatest benefit of rotators is increased safety and injury prevention. The rotators ability to lift, rotate and transfer loads mechanically means employees do not have to complete the same transfers manually where the likelihood of injury is increased lifting heavy and large loads to heights
To find a suitable rotator attachment for your forklift or application please contact a member of our team to discuss your requirements on 13 22 54 or email email@example.com.