Adaptalift Group Covid-19 Update August 2020
Dear valued customers,
While some states and territories have lifted or are in the process of lifting restrictions in some areas, other states like NSW and Victoria have recently tightened their restrictions. It is fair to say we are not back to normal across Australia and the threat of COVID-19 remains.
I would like to provide an update on Adaptalift in Victoria in response to the Victorian Government’s significant tightening of restrictions. Adaptalift Group is able to continue to work in Metropolitan Melbourne & Regional Victoria. Adaptalift plays a vital role in the supply chain and we have been included under the group of businesses that can and will continue to operate to support the communities of Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria. We are still operating the across the following business areas;
- Rental (Long Term & Short Term); and
- Sale & Supply of equipment
Our commitment to the safety of our team across Australia remains our highest priority, and consequently we have recently reviewed the safety and hygiene measures we put in place in March 2020. The following additional measures have been put into place in Victoria over the past 24 hours:
- Increased the number of Melbourne based employees working from home – many of our team members have been working from home for some time now. We have re reviewed these work arrangements and further increased the number of Victorian based staff working from home. Our ongoing investment in technology has enabled our staff to continue to provide our high level of customer service whilst working from home. We closely monitor our service levels and review on a daily basis.
- Increased PPE availability to team members and practicing social distancing – we have reviewed our PPE stock levels across Australia. We have sufficient supplies of face masks, hand sanitiser, nitrol gloves and general cleaning products available for our staff, we have also placed additional orders to ensure ample supply for all staff in each location across Australia. We are also actively encouraging all staff (in particular our service & parts team members) to ensure they have sufficient supplies of PPE, ensuring that PPE is used when interacting face-to-face with customers. We have also mandated that our staff practice social distancing when interacting with customers. If your business has additional PPE requirements for our staff performing work on your site, please let us know beforehand so we can be aware of these arrangements.
- Face shields have been ordered for Melbourne based technicians and will be distributed to technicians over coming days – at this stage, we have not mandated the use of Face Shields across all Melbourne sites, however it will be provided to technicians (should they choose to use) as a precaution.
- Implementing contactless parts pick up across Melbourne sites – arrangements are being put in place in at Springvale and Truganina for “contactless” pick up of parts by technicians and customers. This will also include the installation of Perspex screens to provide extra protection.
- Reinforcing to all staff they are not to attend work if they are experiencing flu like symptoms, or have been directed to isolate and to advise their supervisor immeaditely.
- COVID Safe Plan – Adaptalift is in the process of implementing a COVID Safe Plan in accordance with the relevant government guidelines. This plan will be rolled out across our Springvale and Truganina sites (and other sites as appropriate). This plan may require you to complete a questionnaire or agree to comply with certain requirements whilst on our premises. Please be assured that this plan is measured and is being put in place to ensure your safety as well as that of our staff. We want to ensure we can continue supplying you with the services your business requires during this difficult time.
We appreciate that this is an unsettling time and want to assure you that we are here to help limit the impact of COVID-19 on your operations. We work hard to deliver the service you have come to expect and are committed to ensuring business continuity through this time.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your account manager/representative who will be happy to help.
Chief Executive Officer